We bring life to succession planning
Succession planning and preparation is one of the biggest challenges for entrepreneurs. This process is about setting the stage for the company’s future and maintaining peace within the family. And that is exactly where our expertise comes in.
Our specialists develop tailored solutions for company succession – solutions that take into account civil law and tax law aspects while also being mindful of the family’s individual requirements and expectations. Together with LeitnerLeitner and well-known international partners and university experts, we have been advising family-owned companies with regard to succession-related issues for many years, and we support them on the way to a successful future.
- Development of a “contingency plan” (in the event of death, loss of decision-making ability)
- Development of a long-term succession concept and support with implementation
- Establishment of private foundations to protect the company against future succession conflicts, and to secure provisions for descendants
- Review of deeds of foundation in the context of our foundation check
- Revision of deeds of foundation with regard to securing the influence of the next generation (possibly with accompanying measures under corporate law/restructuring measures)
- Review of articles of incorporation in the context of our by-laws check/Corporate Governance Check
- Preparation/revision/reformulation of articles of incorporation
- Preparation and adjustment of testamentary dispositions/wills, waiver agreements re: inheritance and compulsory portions, testamentary contracts, donation agreements in case of death
- Precautions for the loss of decision-making ability
- Advice and representation in (international) probate proceedings
- Advice and support for the disposal of the company (or portions thereof)